CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

Field Trip!

I took the kids out to the mall today.

We walked around a bit, and found the little tykes playground. There were two play cars there that immediately spiked JC's attention. He started pointing and saying "cars! cars!"

So I let him out and he made a bee line for the cars. While there, he befriended a 2 year old boy who was about the same height as him. They proceeded into a game of chase which JC LOVES. JC was running and giggling and having a blast! Once that little boy left, there was another group that came in to play that were a little older than him, but he kept up just fine. He watched the older kids climb over the things and laughed at everything they did.

All the while he would come back to me on the bench and check in with me (just to make sure I wasn't bored with Lola) After an hour of this...I packed him back up in the stroller and we went for diaper changes at the family lounge, then over to Chick fil A for chicken nugget lunch.

All of the other moms that were at the playground had somehow ended up in line to feed their own kids. We all chatted for a little bit, and then off to feed the kiddos.

It was very much a successful outing, JC passed out on the way home, and as I unbuckled him from the car seat , he never woke up. He layed his little head on my shoulder as I carried him upstairs. He curled up with his blankie and is snoozing peacefully.

I think we'll have to do this again :)

No comments: