CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 12, 2007

Fridays

Everyone is working for the weekend. It's a chance to spend quality time with the family for those that are working the week though. It's more time to watch the kids play and have fun, something that isn't obtainable on the weekdays due to dinner, baths and bedtime. Kids love the special time they get to spend with their parents and usually any sort of routine that is followed on weekdays is out the window on the weekends.

For me, as a stay at home mother, it's a different story. I don't have the typical work week. My job seems be be a 24/7, 7 days a week infinity loop. I am not complaining in any way, I'm lucky to have this schedule. I'm blessed to be able to stay at home and watch my baby and toddler grow up. I like being able to be available to pick up my teenager from school when she has after school activities.

The weekends for me are more of an instructional learning time for my husband and daughter. They don't see what the babies do every day, and this is their chance to hang out with them. I find myself in the background, telling them what each baby wants or needs by the way they communicate. My husband also gets a glimpse into what goes on in my day while he is at work. First thing in the morning I'm a busy bee, running around, drinking my coffee, cleaning up any messes left from the day before, doing the dishes, doing laundry....every little spot out of place drives me nuts! When the kids are done with breakfast is usually when I sit down and we have play time together.

Thanks to my wonderful husband (see, I appreciate you baby) I do get time for myself to do things.....hold on, I think the boy just woke up.......naptime is over, but let me finish......

As I was saying, I do get some me time which provides me with a little refreshing break. But I find that I don't want to spend too much time without my family. I enjoy being with my kids and with my husband. I feel like I'll miss something if I'm not there.

Because Fridays are so important in my husband and daughter's week, I make sure to welcome them home and to the weekend. Eventhough my week never seems to end, I can share in their relief that the week is finally over!

TGIF!!

No comments: