CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Insurance

Whether it be auto, medical or life.....double check your statements!!!

Seems that every time I renew or change an auto policy, something pops up to nickle and dime me that I didn't ask for. Like "Road Side Assistance." How many times do I have to tell them to take it off, I have AAA. Or the rental assisatance...NO. I have to constantly check my policy for these little things they sneak back on.

Medical insurance.....We had an incident that we are still dealing with where Kerry was getting EOB's (Explanation of Benefits) for a chiropractic doctor for all kinds of dates. Kerry doesn't go to a chiropractic doctor, so I called up the insurance company telling them that this isn't ours. We were getting PAGES of EOB's sent to us. This person was going like every other day! The insurance brushed me off and told me to talk to the doctor. HUH!?!? This is possible insurance fraud and you want ME to talk to the doctors and solve this? no. So Kerry called back again, trying to talk to the claims department. They finally figured out there were 2 K.L. Martins in their system. They picked the wrong one to charge these visits to. So we had the insurance change K.L. to Kerry L. and now that poor K.L. person's doctor owes like thousands back to our insurance co. for the insurance co. improperly billing and sending out checks!! LOL

Another example...I have several medical bills piling up due to Lola's birth, so I pick over all of them with a fine tooth comb, because I'm not paying a dollar over what I'm supposed to. I match all EOB's to their proper bills and call claims whenever I have ANY questions. So I get a bill from the anesthesiologist...(a second bill) for $110.00. I check the EOB...I'm not responsible for it, so I call the insurance, just to be sure...nope, not my bill to pay....so then I call the bill issuer...."oh yeah, uh, no ....you don't need to pay that". CHECK EVERYTHING!!! My butt could have been out $110.00 if I had not paid attention to what I was doing!!!

I have another call to make this morning over $50.00. I received some kind of "extra" bill on the side to Lola's birth....some blood work that was done. The insurance sent a whole gobbly gook letter to the physician telling him off in so many words. Now the doctor wants me to pay what the insurance company told him to screw off for. hahahhaha, let you know later how that one turns out.

Moral of the story....don't pay without double checking others work. We all make mistakes! (especially the medical billing industry!)

No comments: