CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 31, 2007

Go Publix!!!

I have been having a small issue with my neighborhood Publix grocery store. I arrive at the store at around 9:30 - 10am with my kids, and have a hard time finding a grocery cart in the parking lot to get both kids into the store. JC is not able to walk next to me holding hands yet, and Lola is still in her carrier car seat. The staff is SO good at getting all of the carts...for me, they are doing their job too well.

I suggested to the management staff that they leave one or two carts in the cart corrals out in the parking lot, for mothers like me who may have two or more babies. It is really hard to carr my two children all the way to the store front. I don't even mind parking farther out, it means the safety of my children and saving my back!. There have to be other mothers/fathers in my situation! A week later, here I am, trolling the parking lot in my minivan hovering for the first cart that comes out of the store. I had enough.

I got on www.publix.com and wrote a very friendly and informative/persuasive letter regarding this situation. It was a pretty clever letter, and I even had a brilliant ending that combined my needs with their own slogan..."Where Shopping is a Pleasure!"

A few days later, I received a phone call from the manager of the store I frequent. He let me know that they agreed with my situation (duh) and have informed their morning crew to leave a few carts in the corral for moms and dads like me!

Thank you Publix for the quick response to my letter! I'm very impressed that they listened to me, and found value in my suggestion.

So yay Publix!!!

No comments: