CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cleaning House


Kerry and I went over to the rental house on Wednesday night to finish cleaning up the place. We have been putting it off, and probably for a reason we just weren't able to put a finger on.

As I started cleaning by the front door, I saw JC's little hand prints on the window from when he used to peek out when daddy came home from work, or the garbage truck would go by. It hit me then.....we had memories. We brought both JC and Lola home to this house, which in the past was just a simple roof over my head. I always said, I don't care where I live, or what kind of house....but I take that back. I took a sentimental journey of JC's first year, all of the people who visited, JC learning to crawl, his first steps, his first words.....there wasn't one room in the house that didn't have a cheerio in it! ( I even found a few in our closet!!!)

I looked around, I took it all in...then scrubbed away his little hand prints. They will forever be in my mind.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

commenting on my own post for my husband...he read this, and told me about how he remembered the day that JC dropped his cheerios in our master closet...so sweet :)