CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My kid is ONLY 18 months lady

Mother's can be SO judgmental. I took my 18 month old son to toddler time at the Library today, and he is the youngest one there, but he LOOKS the same age as the 2's and up. He's a big boy, but he's still only 18 months and just learning words.

JC hasn't gotten a hold of the concept of sitting down with a group to read a book, but each time we go, the more he understands and copies what others are doing. The best compliment I get is that "he's such a happy child".....yeah, well at least mine isn't clinging to my pants like a dryer sheet to pants out of the dryer.

Most times, I let stuff like this go...something JC and I just have to deal with...but today a mother basically stared me down from across the room....like "why can't you control your child" Now I also have to mention I have my six month old girl on my hands as well.

C'mon mom's, let's work together here.....our children are NOT in competition with each other to see who is the most mature. Please don't judge my son for his height...your children were 18 months once too, and ya know what, your child was probably clinging to you then too. I say this in spite...but maybe they are just jealous of JC's outgoing and fun loving view of life. He'll learn how to sit quietly for a book at toddler time soon enough.

No comments: