CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Ok, so Mom was right about something...

My mother always told me: "Pregnancy kills brain cells"

so, according to an article from USA Today, my mom was right!?!?!?

http://content.momstampabay.com/moms/momsarticle.aspx?storyid=75349


Now I remember every single moment of each of my 3 births from the beginning pain to the rush and release of delivery. People told me I would forget the pain over the years...well, no, i didn't.

But now that I've had three kids....I get more forgetful by the day...I call my children by everyone else's name in the house (c'mon, we all do that)...I go through every name I can remember then point at the person and say "YOU!, _____insert action_____"

Similar to a pot head, but without the drugs and smell, I find myself grasping for that word that is sitting right there on the tip of my tongue, which is not good sometimes because I am a writer by trade. I find myself looking into the air, hoping that it floats by or maybe the dog will speak up and say something besides woof.

Anyhoo, nice to know that someone finally had the gumption (and memory) to write about it and let us mothers know....hey we're not alone!

I was going to end with something witty...but I forgot it. :shrug:

No comments: