CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Childhood memories

We all have memories of childhood...happy times, sad times and scared times. A smell or situation or even a picture can often bring back a childhood memory that was once forgotten.

For my brother and I, when Pixar and Disney Studios came out with the movie Cars, both of us had a spark in our brain that brought up a shared memory...it was of a little blue car cartoon that we had seen as kids. We KNEW that we had seen this cartoon and just couldn't remember where it had come from.

As my family and I were at Disney World last night, we decided to take a walk through Mickey's house at Toontown...on the way out...was this book:

This was the car!!!! I got all excited, telling my husband about this car, and the memory I had about, and my brother. My brother and I were both bit by the car bug after seeing this cartoon. He's big time into restoring a car now, and has had several show cars in the mean time. I have also had my fair share of cars and have ventured into repairing my own car. I couldn't wait to share this with my brother this morning.....

But before I did, I went on youtube.com and found the old cartoon!


My brother and I both have babies now.....his son's room is decorated with the Cars theme, and my lil boy is obsessed with anything with four wheels and makes noise. Who knew that Susie the Little Blue Coupe could affect two generations of family so much?!

1 comment:

Matt said...

I remember that car from the old cartoon...or at least a car similar to it! I think it ends up in the junkyard but gets taken by good owners and fixed up.

Anyways, I have also given you an award for your blog! You can see all about it at my blog...
http://scribblersnook.blogspot.com/